Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Geolani "THE BOSS"


Geolani is a rapper with flows, character, lyrical capacity and a certain humbleness that really makes him the next big thing from New York! Brendan Deane went to get the lowdown on the man everyone is talking about….

Your new single is getting a lot of attention. Who produced it and how long did it take to make?
I wrote "She Is Music" in 30 minutes. I was driving to the lab and had the beat on, I had my wifey writing the lyrics while I was coming up with them, by the time I got to the lab I was ready to drop it. That beat caught my ear as soon as I heard it. My man Capp from Capp N Kidd Wonder laced that joint for me. It is definitely getting allot of love, and I am trying to shoot a visual for it.

What are main inspirations for writing lyrics?
Right now my inspirations are my son, my wifey, and my team. Without those 3 elements in my life I would not be doing music anymore. They all push me and keep me on my toes. My son is gonna be 4 yrs old and I want him to have a stable life. I don't want him to go through all the things I went through growing up.

Have you had any major label interest yet?
Nope! And I ain't really looking for majors to holla either. I just need some major paper and it's a rap for dudes. My buzz is really extra right now and my team (Team Afficial) is killing the streets & the mixtape scene. There is no doubt in my mind that they will be hollaring soon, but if I ain't priority. Dudes sign to these majors and they get all gassed, but the truth is they don't make a penny and most of them play the shelf!

Is the album still planned for release this year?
I really can't call it right now. Dudes is really acting slow. But on the real, my buzz is way crazier now then it was in March 06'. That was the original drop date. Even if they said lets drop this year, I don't think I will. I think I'mma wait 'til 2007 (I got distribution through Warlock/Sony Red for my album), I am not gonna rush anything. I will let things take its course.

The mixtape is out now too. Tell us more about it and where we can get a copy from.
The mixtape was more of a CD to cause a Street Buzz. DJ Vlad did me a solid and hosted the joint. I ain't even sold one copy, it was for promotional reasons. But MixUnit.Com hollared and got almost 100 copies for they site, so that was a good look. You can get it from www.themixtapepro.com or www.mixunit.com . I’mma drop a couple more b4 the album, so be on the look out.

Where do you see yourself five years from now?
Team Afficial will be a household name!!! And I will still be A Boss!! Ain't kiddin gonna change but the buzz and the cash flow. In 5 years you can call me G-Diddy.

Who else is on your label or in your crew?
Artist wise, the AdoubleF (label) umbrella consist of Ransom Rellic, Montega, Brixx, Delilah, Symantyx, and Tay Roc. But the movement which is Team Afficial consist of many artists, DJ's and producers. Other artists are Trilogy & Dan Duece. Dj's consist of Dj Lust, Dj Dub Floyd (Pres) & Dj Block (Vice Pres), Dj 4Sho, Dj Deal$, Dj Ophax, Dj Stylz, Dj Dub and many more. Producers consist of Diego & Manny (Afficial Beats) who are in-house for AdoubleF, my homie Dj Nice, Giftz, Ty Stix, and many more. Team Afficial is a movement!!!!

Have you collaborated much with any artists outside your camp?
Yea I got the street single featuring Freeway. Also did collab's with A-Team, Shells, J Hood, Cuban Link, Snyp Life, St Laz, Big Cas, Rain, Dino West (No Limit), Big Skeem, Sin Sizzerb, Streets N Young Deuces and many more.

You're originally from New York but live in Virginia now. Why did you move?
Moved to Virginia be closer to my son and my team. That's all; everything else is falling in place.

You collaborated with UK label Wolftown on a couple of their recent mixtape releases. What do you think of UK rap?
I respect what they are doing. I did a collabo with a couple UK rappers and they got it in and went hard. I will collab’ 100 more times if they asked. Keep doing the dam thing!

More info geolani.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home