Saturday, June 30, 2007

Akon - ‘In My Ghetto’


This rare underground album from urban music’s new voice is in my opinion the best Akon CD out there to buy. Miami’s Rick Ross jumps up on ‘Cross The Line’ the opening track to great effect. Akon’s down to earth lyrics keep the album gully throughout but his smooth vocal tones inject soul too giving us the best of both worlds. Other killer tracks include ‘Snitch’ featuring Obie Trice and the awesome ‘Kalifornia’ which see’s Smoke-A-Lot Records/The Regime CEO and Luniz rapper Yukmouth team up with Monstah Ganja for a brand new anthem. Also peep for ‘Hustler’, ‘Ride On ‘em’, ‘I Promise and ‘Work It’, which too are all really good slices of music. Akon is so real, and it’s like he spits street lyrics but sings them. I’m not really a mad Akon fan, but after checking for this CD I’m now addicted to Konvict Music. Massively huge!

Akon

Review by Tricksta

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home