Thursday, November 15, 2007

D21 interview


Where are you from and what was it like growing up there?
I’m born in east London but grew up from 1 in the Bronx. It’s not like the typical neighbour hood cause we all grew up like family in my area so just for the sheer numbers the neighbour hood was secure.

How did you get your name and is there a story behind it?
My name is D21. The original story behind it is I’m D from 219th street. Keep the 9 on silent and you get D21. Then as I got older it blended with being determined to win.

Was there a situation or a person who inspired you to rap?

It just felt like what I was supposed to do. I had people telling me you look like this, and come join this cipher but I didn’t one day I did don’t know exactly why but the rest is history….

Tell us about your latest release.

The Pain Album is the most honest body of work I have done so far… It’s like an insight into my head for a certain period of time. Real autobiographical.

What do you prefer; playing live, recording in the studio or battling?

I would like to play live more and get that game up…. But right now I like recording don’t like to battle cause I can’t take it.

How would you describe your personality? What do you enjoy doing?
Me as a person, I go hard so I would say im driven. Always going somewhere have to be doing, learning…. Even if it sends me into a wall ill learn from that too. I am carefree about life more less just try to stay focused on mine.

How did you go about setting up independently?

Well I just established my self but pushing out cds in the local high streets to promote market and brand myself. Then I went to companies house and registered as a private limited. Now to establish some income……. PAIN ALBUM COMING SOON PAINMIXTAPES 1 + 2 ON SALE NOW!!!!!! By taking opportunities as they come and stretching them


Forget the budget, what would be your dream collobo?

I think D21 feat. Keisha Cole

With so many artists out there, what are you doing different to get heard?
I put out my music everyday directly to the BUYING public.

Now is your chance to get something off ya chest! Anything getting you down or any opinions you need to voice?
I think the industry in London should respect the work that me and my peers do for the game. I have pushed out over 40,000 quality cds in the streets. I literally CREATE hip hop fans in UK. People that listen to dark metal make time for my music that’s a lot. Also featured on Lick show wit Trevor Nelson for my hustle and drive.

Okay, before you go please give us you’re My Space details.
theonlyd21

Interview questions by Kut Loose

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home