Friday, February 15, 2008

TheUrbanShop Podcast

Funny really the things you say at times but in the event of me doing a Ratner here goes. I was chatting with Tricksta the other day about some of the old radio shows and he asked if like the current show (Jan 08)

Me “ nah a bit banging for me and as you know I’m not a big hip hop fan”
Tricksta “ you wouldn’t think that with the people you sponsor”

At this point we both burst out laughing

Me “maybe I should re-phrase that, I like what I like in music and hip hop is not really my background”
Tricksta “I know what your saying”
Me “ I know we sponsor loads of hip hop artists but that’s generally because they are putting the hours in and doing stuff that’s original, and to me that’s more important than the music” ......”take (nameless) I personally don’t like his sound but he’s been at it years, works hard and I listen to his words and feel for the guy. So I like the person and respect what he does and feel that sponsoring him helps him I don’t need to like the sound I can just feel the energy”

With that conversation in mind I have put together my first podcast, I’m not a DJ or music producer I’m just a normal Joe and this is my first attempt. I had a real hard job deciding what to put on here and had to remove some tracks as they did not fit, but it’s varied, maybe I’ll do another which will be more genre orientated or maybe you want to do one and we can host it maybe start a little podcasting group.

Tracklisting
John Lee Hooker & Miles Davis - Murder
Throbbing Gristle - Zyclon B Zombie
CSS – Art Bitch
Joy Division – She’s Lost Control
Benga – Night
LKJ – Five Nights of Bleeding
Prince Far I – Dub to Africa
Shitdisco – I know Kung Fu
The Raincoats – You’re A Million
Maceo – Soul Power ‘74
The Meters – People Say
Etta James & BB King – There is Something on my Mind
Kraftwerk – Radioactive(remix)

Listen

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger DJ Scuba Steve said...

yo man, you have excelled in the podcast game, you could really tell that you have taken the time in picking your tracks, rather than launching together alot of tracks in an unappealing mix.

you can do it dude get ah set ah decks and start djing

9:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home