Thursday, March 05, 2009

How's your week been?

You know sometimes you just have one of those weeks. Last week it was Shrovetide which in our little town is a big thing, they play this mad football game for 2 days and everything shuts down so far as they board up shops and most locals take the week off to recover from the game and talking about the game whilst imbibing the local beverages. Personally I see this as a time to get away have a rest catch some sun and do some thinking, so that’s just what we did, unfortunately there was only little sun and not much rest or time for reflection and thinking but that’s another story.

So back to my week or last 5 days since my return.

Sunday, Plane was delayed due to strike action however this was only 30 mins. We get back and turn on the BIG computer that runs the business I had been in contact with my laptop whilst away. Nothing the damn machine wont turn on so check the connection and fuse nothing, take the side off look inside, there’s not much to see inside a pcL. Anyway my mate Mouse works for her brother who is a computer system breakers and repairer so I ask her to take it in, “Blow Motherboard” she says within 2 mins OK repair it. So I end up having new motherboard, power supply and think whilst it’s there may as well update the ram.

Monday computer comes back and works. Anyway I’m sorting my holiday stuff and think good time to put my I-pod back into my dog walking jacket, whoops missed the pocket and I-pod drops in mop bucket full of water. I’m sure many of you will remember my last I-pod and the water episode well this ends up the same. Broke. Also pick dogs up from kennels.

Tuesdays and all is going well except we have a water leakage so we call out the plumber, whilst he’s got his head under the sink I remove the dogs to the living room. Spud bless him does get a bit confused first few day back from kennels after being able to cock his leg anywhere and goes about marking his territory which include the VCR. More electrical equipment down the swanny. Anyway we decide to go for an Indian its bring your own booze so off to supermarket first, that’s when we notice the chip shop below is in darkness but think nothing of it. Wine in hand we return to Indian and notice that too is in darkness, so retire to car to think about it. Give it 10 mins must be a fuse, then we notice the whole of that side of the street is out and I start to think that I aint getting any tea. Well there was a power cut and there’s only 2 Indians in our town, so we give it up and go home for an egg sandwich.

Wednesday I call this the day everything changed so off to warehouse to check up and kick ass, well may be check up, it’s on an old converted farm in the back waters of nowhere, so I’m driving along and last nights shopping is still on the back seat then bang and I’m thinking to myself that’s a bottle of red wine smashed on my carpet. However the gods were on my side and this sorry tale ends on a good note that the wine did not smash.

So how’s your week been?

1 Comments:

Anonymous bigblue61 said...

if I knew what day it was I'd give you an answer

that's how it feels

12:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home