Friday, July 18, 2008

sturban clothing sponsors Drifter Jon


We like to try and support interesting people who are doing what they do for the love of it and are basically into sturban clothing and that's how we came across Jon Beezy, here's his bio in his words, we like him but before we go into it we found out 2 interesting facts. His track car does 5 MPG, and for every event he spends £400 on tyres, and that's why this guy needs free clothes from us;-)

Name - Jon Beezy.
Age - 23.
Special Skills - Drifting, Fitting into kids t-shirts, BMX and MX.
Vehicle - Mazda RX7 FC3S, Viper 140 pit bike, Federal division BMX, Full race 1380 mini or whatever's at hand.
Hometown – Ashford, Kent


From the age of 5 I started getting into the motorsport scene in MX and Trials. Done this till the age of 15 where I stopped and was getting big into riding the BMX all over the UK. By this time I was looking into cars and growing a big interest into the Retro car scene. So I started a full race spec Mini which taught me a lot about building a good track car. Back in June 05 I went up to Silverstone to see a drift demo with top drivers from Japan, that was that, I was now hooked so looked about and saved up and got a 200sx s13. Then I booked my first track day in November 06 and continued this throughout 07.

November 07 I decided to enter the Drift-racing competition. I managed this by getting given a wild card entry by the organisers as it was my first competition. Went into qualifying and ended up qualifying joint first place with my team mate. Then into the battles pulled through and made the finals where I ended up finishing second.

A good finish for my first competition, got approached by the organiser for JDM Allstars and asked if I wanted a wild card entry for one of the top championships in Europe. By taking this it put me in a class with the top European drivers.
Knowing this I knew I had to up my game so went out and got a pro spec RX7 it was the only one about as they are a rare car. At the monument I’m the only driver running one of these retro drift cars in Europe.

March 15th 08 Competed in round 1 and ended up qualifying 8th and top 16 finish due to break failure.

April 19th/20th 08 Then drove over to Ireland and done the first round in the Prodrift European series, and it was there that the car went bang.

Lucky Hayward Rotary’s pulled a sponsorship deal.

The cars is having a full rebuild and Porting, also will be running a GT35r turbo, 1860cc injectors and a new map, power fingers will be about 450hp @1bar of boost.
The car will be done in time for the next JDM Allstars round 2 Wembley London on August 9th '08.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home