Thursday, October 23, 2008

DUTTY DEVIOSO - Up The Ante


It wasn’t until I read the interview with Dutty Devioso on Rago Magazine that I realised that his man is Lil DVS a rapper who featured on that 50 man posse cut that LATE from Wolftown did back in 2003. I jammed the CD straight away, as he was one of the best on that track. Soon as I heard track four "Easy" I was bouncing to a dope beat with some killer bars like "Ain’t no effort needed/ so focussed the rap thing is so F’ing easy", he just kills it. Swagger on the microphone can be heard all the way through this banging nineteen track CD, and I think it’s personality I begin to get hooked up on. The more I hear the more I want! "Real Talk", "Wasshappin" and "Young N Dumb" all need mentioning, but then on track 16 when I thought there was nothing more for him to give this track called "Dis Is Life" comes on. As it starts with soulful female vocals the beat enters, before Dutty Devioso spits some humble lyrics as well as guidance in deep bars. This album is just heavy, period!

Lil DVS

Review by Kut Loose

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home