Wednesday, October 22, 2008

RAPPER K - Long Time Coming



RAPPER K - Long Time Coming (Black Book International USA – Album)

There’s not a lot of US Rap that is really turning me on at the moment. G-Unit, D-Block, Dipset, Lil Wayne, Young Jeezy, you can keep it! It does absolutely nothing for me, watered down mainstream gangsta rap! It’s noisy and does nothing to uplift your soul. On the other hand there’s plenty of music from the States that is good. Immortal Technique, Dead Prez, Wu-Tang and Papoose have all impressed me lately. So when I heard this album from Houston’s Rapper K I pretty much jumped to conclusions thinking it was going to be another Rick Ross wannabe. I was wrong. Infact I couldn’t have been more wrong. Instead what I found was knowledge, lyrics of inspiration as well as advice on how to live life. This album is something so special and has restored my faith in Southern rap music. Guests such as K-Rino, Klondike Kat and Dope-E shine and I couldn’t believe that it featured LATE from Wolftown too! This album has knocked me for six! Respects to all involved!

Rapper K
South Park Coalition

Review by Tony Rowley

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home