Thursday, July 12, 2007

K Banger - Interview


Where are you from and what was it like growing up there?
I’m from Perth Amboy, New Jersey. Growing up there was quiet, a lot of Latin community there. Black brothers and sister weren’t exposed to much when I was coming up there. I know because I was one of them.

How did you get your name and is there a story behind it?
My man Triplebeam made up my name in a verse that he wrote. I was playing drums in our band at the time. He was singing and rapping, so K Banger just stuck.

Was there a situation or a person who inspired you to rap?
ust the Hip Hop vibe in general. My Grandmother and Great Grandmother were musical, so I think it’s a combination of these things.

Tell us about your latest release.
Truth Be Told is available now online on Shaman Work Recordings. It’s meant to set up the buzz for my next album Year of the K early 2008.

What do you prefer; playing live, recording in the studio or battling?
Battling was never really my chamber. Playing live, recording in the studio…that’s what I do best.

How would you describe your personality? What do you enjoy doing?
Many would say that I’m very serious, but serine. Intense, but focused. Funny. I like Martial Arts and reading. I love nature and stuff like that. Music too.

How did you go about setting up independently?
It was an accident. I needed a entity to release my first record ‘Stillborn Lives’. So I filed for my business, and got out there.

What’s your favourite clothing label?
There’s a lot of lines dropping lately. But I like Stacy Adams and Florshiem. I’m into the dress stuff.

Forget the budget, what would be your dream collobo?
If I can do something with Yolanda Adams, I think I’m good. Something hard, but uplifting.

With so many artists out there, what are you doing different to get heard?
I try to keep music in focus rather than just rapping. To me, that comes across in your overall recording. At the end of the day, it’s recordings that are getting heard and loved.

Now is your chance to get something off ya chest! Anything getting you down or any opinions you need to voice?
Yeah, cop the album ‘Truth Be Told’ online and get a piece of my mind.

Okay, before you go please give us you’re My Space details.
Oh yeah, you can buy it at k banger music too.

Thanks ya’ll!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home