Sunday, May 11, 2008

A cautionary tale of one man and his dog



Spud is my little friend a Border Terrier he embodies everything that is good about his breed and to me he has to qualities that I feel I have tenacity, loyal, honest and trustworthy to name a few and of course as cute has they come. Spud and I go walking twice a day come rain or shine it gives him exercise and it gives me a rest, time to think a little exercise after sitting around all day doing nothing (my wife’s words but we’ll come back to her as she has a big part in this tale). Whilst out walking I have become inseparable from my I-pod not being able to play the kind of music I like, loud in the presence of aforementioned wife it give a bit a me time to blast it out.

Whilst walking I have my jacket (a WESC anorak that’s now sold out) keeps me warm and dry and carries all the bits I need ball, treats, bags (responsible dog owner) and of course my I-pod, now with the change in weather it’s time to abandon my winter coat and replace it with a lightweight showerproof jacket (a Fly53 Rumpsteak actually) and here where the woe starts.

So off with the old jacket and one with the new but the old jacket must be washed and put a way, I no what you’re thinking she washed the jacket and the I-pod, no she’s not that stupid (yet), but she did manage to take the I-pod out my jacket and put it in a puddle of water somewhere in our kitchen. Ah well that is life so let’s try drying it out me thinks so I put it on a radiator. “wouldn’t it be better if you opened the casing” said my wife “I think it’s sealed” but no later that day. “I’ve opened the casing and put it outside in the sun to dryout” said wife “OK” said man of few words later that day I looked at the I-pod and whilst opening the casing she managed to break the screen, “wont it work” she said speechless. There must be a moral here or a lesson to be learned but I’m at a loss.



On the up side the cracked screen looks really nice would make good wallpaper for the computer and I think I may have blagged not one new I-pod but two so we may have a competition for one of them soon.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home